Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cambridge

On January 26th, Amanda and I moved in to our new apartment in Cambridge, and we love it! Thanks to the help of a great pack of friends, the move went incredibly well. Everything was moved quickly and not a single thing (that I know of, yet) was damaged at all. There is no way we could have done it without the help of our friends. Even the offers to help by those that couldn't make it that day were greatly appreciated!
The weather was the best I've ever had for a move, as it was in the mid-40s and nothing was falling from the sky. Amanda and I had all of our "big stuff" ready to be loaded onto a truck by Saturday, and the rest we moved in by car. The only negative of the day was when I almost made it on the news for shearing the top off of the U-Haul. Only a quick exit from Storrow Drive by Tom in the Mustang saved me from that fate.
Amanda is basically unpacked and is patiently waiting for me to get all of my stuff out of our Reading Parlor. I've been plugging away at it but I've been recently distracted by the installation of our cable and Internet connection. As soon as we get the place looking presentable, we'll have a housewarming party.

No comments: