Thursday, March 20, 2008

12 Hours of Sebring

12 Hours of Sebring
Last weekend the 56th annual running of the 12 Hours of Sebring, a sports car race down in Florida. The race began at just past 10am Saturday morning. The Speed channel showed about 10 hours of the race, taking two hours off mid-day to bring us critical coverage of the NASCAR Nationwide series' practice session at Bristol, which really is as interesting as it sounds.
To read what I thought of the race itself, check out my other blog, Street Level.
Fortunately for me, I'm not the only nut-job who wants to sit and watch a race for twelve straight hours. A friend of mine (yep, just one) joined me for the entire event, and I was pretty grateful for the company. I would've watched it by myself, but it wouldn't've been nearly as much fun.
This kind of racing is pretty exciting, and I highly recommend you check out at least the last 20 or 30 minutes of a race even if you don't think you'd have any interest. Of course, if you're already hooked, you know where you can find someone to watch with.

No comments: