Saturday, November 17, 2007

Cold Paintball

A little more than once a month for most of the summer and fall a crew of us have been heading to Friendly Fire Paintball in Upton, MA to get shot at, worn out, and dirty for six hours. We've had good luck with weather all season, but this past Sunday was cold. A couple of us got there at about 8:20 am and it was in the mid- or upper-30s.

As the sun came up, so did the temperature, so by mid-day it was perfectly comfortable. We had a pretty good day as a group, and I had a pretty good day individually. I definitely had a couple of "kills," although usually I measure my worth in total effectiveness. If I'm the first one to the flag, for example, it doesn't bother me if I can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I managed to only get shot in the head once (compared to five times last time out), and Mike, one of the guys with us, won the big shootout at the end to get a free pass. None of us have ever done that before, and it's pretty impressive to be the last one standing out of literally about 100.

It was probably the last time out for us this season. Too bad, although honestly kicking out $60 every couple of weeks is a little tough. Either way, I'm sure we'll be back at it pretty early next season.

No comments: